Call : 01444 472700 | Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
It is often the case when we are first consulted by a client that they are undecided as to whether they wish to proceed with a divorce or not. It can be very overwhelming and stressful. We guide our clients professionally and skilfully through the process, advising them as to appropriate grounds for divorce and discussing the various options open to them. We offer a fixed fee for uncontested divorce. Sometimes clients may opt to undertake a divorce themselves and we can provide advice and support in the background.
By way of brief guidance, in order to proceed with a divorce you have to satisfy the following conditions:-
- Have been married for more than a year.
- Prove to the court that the marriage has irretrievably broken down on one of the following grounds:-
- The Respondent has committed adultery and the Petitioner finds it intolerable to live with the Respondent.
- The Respondent has behaved in such a way that the Petitioner cannot reasonably be expected to live with the Respondent.
- The Respondent has deserted the Petitioner for a continuous period of at least two years immediately before the start of the petition.
- The parties of the marriage have lived separate and apart for a continuous period of at least two years immediately before the start of the divorce and the Respondent consents to a divorce being granted.
- The parties of the marriage have lived separate and apart for a continuous period of at least five years immediately before the start of the divorce.
It is also necessary to file a Statement of Arrangements setting out the proposals for any children of the family.
Please note that on request we can provide you with a copy of our company’s information sheet on both divorce and divorce – the procedure.